Wednesday, May 06, 2009

"A Fathers Bestfriend"

I first became a father at such a young age- 18. To be honest, I was scared and overwhelmed. But when my daughter was born, I still felt like something amazing had happened. She was so fragile and beautiful and I couldn't believe that I had actually helped bring her into the world.

Life isn't always easy, maybe it never is, but she gives me tremendous hope and my LOVE for her is deeper than any love I've ever known. I try not to worry about her well-being, but as a father it's an obsession- you just want to protect them from everything.

With my daughter, I've done the most growth as a dad. I think that has alot to do with where I am in my life right now, and also the fact that so much of her immediate care is my responsibility. When my daughter jumps into my arms and flashes me with her cute little smile, I know in my heart it's all good. Fatherhood comes with alot of pressure, no question, but it makes you a much better, much more gentle man.

-My best friend, my W O R L D,
my beautiful daughter KEYLEE. . .


0 comments: