Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Lies on carpets.

Inspired by the non inspirational
His words slam against my face.
I don't want him to sweet talk
His way into my life...again.
I've seen this all before,
I've heard these promises break.
I've heard words roll off of tongues
and fall face down-bloody & bruised,
words become useless.
Old, tired hopes get swept under bedroom carpets
left to be walked on like our feet won't get dirty.
You're lethargic. Sluggish in your mannerisms, you're a sloth.
You reek of disappointment. Light shines thru
window blinds but the sun denies your presence.
I've struggled with luring my sunshine out of gloom's house
& you've decided to toy with my stay.
You inspire me to be compelling.
You've assisted in fertilizing my mother's egg
& your mistakes have inspired me - but i thank you for those two things.
Those two vital things, i appreciate your ability to even
Give what you have. Your once needed and urned for
Masculine role as a father has failed.
Your sperm does not trust your ability to decide
Nor your maturity to maintain & that's why you only have one child.
Your flesh & blood cannot depend on you, so why would i?
My heart is scratching at trust's surface,
but my pain is more than skin deep.
You've strategically stacked lie on top of lie,
my heart is weary, trying to free itself from old patterns
and cards indulged in cologne.
Roses have and will never be the key to my heart.
You know so little of me, never having to own up to any responsibilities,
such a travesty.
You're shallow ways have allowed me to become accustomed
to preparing for the worst.
I resent your childish ways, being i was a woman at age 9,
and you've yet to end puberty.
I pray for you as i do our world.
Your uninspiring ways have inspired me. Thank you.



Peace & Love Always,
Marz

0 comments: