Monday, November 17, 2008

De La SoUL (Posdnous) SAMPLES!!!!










Posdnous of De La SoUL shows off some nike samples!!!
-What was the first time as kid you saw a shoe and it made you really start collecting?

Posdnuos: It wasn’t until I was about 16-17 and was maintaining a steady job at Burger King when I started to buy a lot of sneakers. Even then I was always into finding shoes that were a bit different than what everyone else was wearing. If everyone was wearing the usual suspects like Nike, Adidas, or Puma I would wear Tiger (Asics), Saucony (before everyone went crazy with the Spotbilts) and Kaepas.

-We all know about the De La Soul Dunk? Did that shoe give you guys more exposure to people who didn’t know who De La Soul was?

Posdnuos: I personally don’t think so. I have run into kids who did have the Dunk Hi on and weren’t very familiar with us but just loved the colors, but on a whole since the shoes were very limited it was distributed in circles of people who are familiar with who we are and what we mean to Hip Hop.

-Who are the people that made that happen and how did that come about?

Posdnuos: Robbie Jeffers who was still working with Nike SB at the time was the main person who planted the seed to Sandy Bodecker and others. I met him along with other SB workers at the ASR convention in San Diego. We were actually in town to perform at the annual function that was called “street scene” but was invited to the ASR convention by LRG Clothing. We had done an ad campaign with them (LRG) not too long before. So we came through their booth to sign some autographs. After that we decided to walk around a bit at the convention and we were passing the SB booth and a couple of the dudes in the booth who saw us looking in asked us to come in. Robbie eventually came in to check in on the booth. We invited him to the show with a few others, later on that night we exchanged information and everything grew from there for the De La Soul project.

-What are your top five sneakers of all time and why are they?

Posdnuos: They are too many to name! But for one shell toe Adidas’s! That is a part of my memories of identifying with the growing hip hop culture. Second would be Suede Puma (Clydes), they were so dope to pop and breakdance in. I was into shoes that fit more to the form of my feet in that era so you couldn’t go wrong with those. The Original Air Jordan (Black/Varsity Red). It was so slender to me compared to even the Dunk and the colors just looked incredible. Of course the De La Dunks, just very proud on the work we as a group put in on those sneakers. Beyond it being what we helped design, it really appealed to me as a sneaker purchaser! Also I liked how we didn’t care to make one style in Low and High but freak each style differently so even If you prefer high over lows you may have still try to get the lows cuz it’s just more clean (less busy). The Air Sabaku (NIKE) especially the Turquiose/Dark Obsidian joint with the Shogun Warrior on the back!! Those joints in any color feels so comfortable on my feet and look like shoes. I’ve walked up in clubs with no hassle with those on!!

-What message do you have for people in the sneaker lifestyle out there reading this?

Posdnuos: Don’t go broke buying sneakers!!!!! Hell I’m blessed to get 95% of mine for free otherwise I wouldn’t have all these damn boxes in my crib!! My family gets my money over sneakers anyday!!!






0 comments: